Vodafone Online Recharge by HDFC Bank
Vodafone, currently one of world’s largest mobile telecommunication network companies, was founded in the UK, in the year 1983. It is undoubtedly world’s leading international mobile communications group having approximately 347 million customers worldwide.
The HDFC Bank, on the other hand, is a major financial services company based in the city of Mumbai. It was established in the year 1994, after the Reserve Bank of India allowed establishing private sector banks in India. Over the years the bank has undergone major shifts in the financial structure of the country and has expanded its infrastructure on a massive scale. It has 1,725 branches and over 4,232 ATMs, in 779 cities in India, and most importantly all branches of the bank are linked on an online real-time basis.
Vodafone Online Recharge Details
Vodafone’s Online Recharge service is a very simple and safe way of recharging your Prepaid Vodafone mobile phone online. It can be done through Vodafone’s official internet website www.vodafone.in. In order to recharge their Vodafone mobile connection online through the HDFC Bank, customers have to follow the following steps.
Provide your Vodafone recharge details by logging on to www.vodafone.in and click on Prepaid > Recharge online menu option.
- Select your exact recharge amount and fill in the details for recharge such as your name, Vodafone connection number, your email id etc. After filling up the details click on ‘Enter’.
- After clicking on the ‘Enter’ button you will be asked to reconfirm the details. After doing so select the payment option from the drop-down menu and click on the ‘Submit’ option. You will be redirected to the payment interface of your choice, i.e. the internet banking facility.
- Enter your HDFC Bank authentication details at the bank payment gateway and confirm the amount of payment. Your HDFC Bank account will be debited for the recharge amount specified by you.
- You will immediately receive an online transaction confirmation and a Transaction Reference Number as a proof of the successful completion of the payment process.
- On a successful payment, a recharge will be initiated on your Vodafone number and you will receive an SMS confirmation from Vodafone within 15 minutes after the payment.
Though Vodafone’s Online Recharge service gives its customers the option of recharging their Vodafone mobile connection for any amount, it does so with certain strings attached. On any given day, the customers are allowed to recharge from Rs. 10 to Rs. 3500 depending on the service area that they are in. However, in a single day, customers can only make a maximum of 3 transactions from any Prepaid Vodafone mobile connection phone. The minimum and maximum recharge limits per transaction are given below:
|Circle||Minimum Recharge||Maximum Recharge|
|Maharashtra & Goa||10||3500|
|Rest of Tamil Nadu||10||3360|
Vodafone Online Recharge through the HDFC Bank Website
The HDFC Bank also offers its customers to recharge their Vodafone mobile connection online through its official internet website, http://www.hdfcbank.com. Now Vodafone customers holding an account in the HDFC Bank can recharge their Vodafone connection without taking the efforts to withdraw cash from their account or searching for a retailer in order to buy a recharge card. They can now make a quick recharge through the HDFC Bank portal.
In order to take advantage of this service the HDFC Bank customers have to:
- Go to the recharge page on the official HDFC Bank website.
- Select the Mobile Operator Name; enter Mobile Number and the amount for the recharge.
- Confirm payment by logging into NetBanking using their Customer ID and IPIN (NetBanking password).
- Depending on the recharge option chosen, the connection is recharged in a few seconds.